New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:12 am
HOW do I post to a forum. I cannot find whom to contact to ask any questions.

Anyhow, I have a Winchester 1894 2nd yr production with what appears to be a custom order. 20 inch barrel (and rifle, not carbine) with round barrel (looks like std barrel), caliber 38-55. Tang target sight and rear one leaf folding sight. Shotgun butt. Looks all original and measurement deem stock forearm to be correct.

I seem to see a number of 20 inch early winchesters that were not carbines. Were these features commonly ordered as options ?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:35 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum...!!

Seems to me, you just posted above !!

Any other questions...!?
20g
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:40 pm
Hi ya railfan. Welcome to the forum. You might have a Winchester short rifle. Something like a carbine without a saddle ring.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:47 pm
Pictures always help...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:15 pm
Welcome aboard railfan! Def need to post a few pics, serial number and such to be able to help ya out. Like your user name, does this mean your a train buff of sorts? I used to be a train buff so to speak growing up in a railroading family, then I went to work for a railroad haha! Living the dream they say :lol:
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area