REMINGTON CENTERFIRE PUMP

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:58 pm
Pictured below is my Remington Model 7600, a pump action centerfire rifle with a 22" barrel chambered in 30-06 Springfield. It has been produced by Remington Arms from 1981 to the present day, with this particular specimen being manufactured in 1985.

===================================================================

===================================================================

In the United States the Remington Model 7600 is a favored choice of deer hunters, with Remington advertising that the Model 7600 is "one of the most popular deer rifles in the USA." Its use is especially prevalent in Pennsylvania, where state game laws forbid the use of semiautomatic rifles for hunting.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 am
I can't be the only one on this forum with a pump action centerfire rifle...can I ?! :mrgreen:
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 pm
I've never shot a pump action rifle, they must be a blast to shoot.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:07 am
stags30 said: "I've never shot a pump action rifle, they must be a blast to shoot."

Yea, and actually alot faster with follow-up shots than a bolt action. Your firearm doesn't have to leave your shoulder, therefore you can snap off the next round without distrubtion of the sight picture.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:29 pm
I have a marlin 336 30-30 lever action with a scope, basically your set-up and i can shoot that thing all day. I love shooting the thing. Does Winchester make a pump action rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 pm
stags30 said: "Does Winchester make a pump action rifle?"

Not that I'm aware of...a quick look at the Winchester site provided no info either.

I got a Winchester 1894 top eject in 30WCF and have taken more Pennsylvania whitetail with that than both of my Remingtons ( 7mm / 30-06 ) put together. Iron sights only too...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 pm
Anyone else here own a centerfire pump action rifle...?!

Return to Long Guns