Winchester Model 70, Super Grade III, RMEF

Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:13 pm
Winchester Model 70, Super Grade III, RMEF
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/historic-detail.asp?family=001C&offset=%2D1&mid=535935

Available only in limited quantities, the Super Grade III Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF) boasts a stainless steel receiver and barrel chambered for either the blistering 300 WSM or potent 325 WSM. The select walnut stock sports carefully cut checkering, a shadowline cheekpiece, black endcap, steel stock crossbolt, inletted swivel studs and a Pachmayr® Decelerator® recoil pad completing the package. A special grip cap medallion affirms that a portion of the proceeds from each rifle sold help the RMEF’s efforts to preserve elk habitat.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:10 pm
I have one of these. I bought it used in 2012. It's like new and came with the box and paperwork. It's chambered in 300 Win. Mag. with a 26" barrel. The serial number is G25132XX which I believe is 2003. I mounted a Leupold VX-II 4-12x40AO scope on it. Last year it took an elk at 200 yards. The stock design on these Super Grades sure does a good job of minimizing the effects of recoil on your cheek and shoulder!

I've recorded 2 other rifles like mine in 300WM with a range of serial numbers spanning 103 rifles. It would be interesting to find out the total number made in each caliber.

Anyone else have one?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:53 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum NW Swede !!

Return to Winchester Model 70