What's the difference ?

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:48 am
Ok gonna show my newbie colors so those of you with a sensitive stomach please turn away.
I have looked around the site and on line for a list of the difference between each model of the Winchester Lever Action rifles. Can someone point me in the right directions? I have been anxious to " pull the trigger and purchase one and think I have narrowed it down to the 92 or 94 but really don't why I would pick one over the other or for that matter choose a different model. Is there such a list that explains the difference and options available on each model? Or would that list be never ending.
Richard
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
- G. K. Chesterton
20g
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:55 am
Richard, a subjective topic as opinions vary by intended use of collecting for investment or hunting or ranging. My personal choice is the pre-64 model '94 SRC 30 WCF (30-30). However, I no longer hunt or range. Just enjoy admiring and handling my 1928 year
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:01 pm
It would be great to find this resource. I only target shoot but have an NRA centennial Model 94 rifle (not carbine) and Model 94 musket, both in .30-30. I'd like to add a Win 94 carbine to my stable.....
20g
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:17 am
Would probably need to purchase a book authored by a Winchester guru. Sorry I can't recommend an author as I'm not a Winchester collector as such.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:22 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum P7m8pg !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:26 pm
As a kid a long time ago :roll: I used a Very early '94 SRC in 25-35WCF to do my hunting :mrgreen: As
I remember being small the '94 was easy to handle and it did the job! So for me the 1894 Winchester was
the rifle/carbine to have........ ;) At one time I had over 50 very early 94s Went Nuts for a few years ;) Now I've cut back to a nice round number of 14 :o So as I say "You never can go wrong with a '94"
and living in Montana the '94 fit right in!!!! Ol Deuce
Do The Best With What You Have!!!!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:32 pm
Richard wrote: I have narrowed it down to the 92 or 94 but really don't why I would pick one over the other or for that matter choose a different model. Is there such a list that explains the difference and options available on each model? Or would that list be never ending.

I know this is an older thread so that said, the way I learned is the '94, the past productions were chambered for centerfire rifle and handgun cartridges and the '92 were strictly handgun cartridges. The current productions '94 is only for the long rifle cartridges and the '92 exclusively handgun. The way the '94's are built they handle the longer cartridges much better than they do the handgun cartridges, the '92 handles the handgun cartridges with excellence. You will hear that the '94 "jams" when running the handgun cartridges but I have not had that problem with my '94 trapper 44 mag rifle, it handles the 44 spl cases just as well. This is how it was explained to me yrs ago and seem to be correct.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:05 am
Tape wrote:
Richard wrote: I have narrowed it down to the 92 or 94 but really don't why I would pick one over the other or for that matter choose a different model. Is there such a list that explains the difference and options available on each model? Or would that list be never ending.

I know this is an older thread so that said, the way I learned is the '94, the past productions were chambered for centerfire rifle and handgun cartridges and the '92 were strictly handgun cartridges. The current productions '94 is only for the long rifle cartridges and the '92 exclusively handgun. The way the '94's are built they handle the longer cartridges much better than they do the handgun cartridges, the '92 handles the handgun cartridges with excellence. You will hear that the '94 "jams" when running the handgun cartridges but I have not had that problem with my '94 trapper 44 mag rifle, it handles the 44 spl cases just as well. This is how it was explained to me yrs ago and seem to be correct.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D Pick the '94 you really will like it!!! :mrgreen: Ol Deeuce
Do The Best With What You Have!!!!

Return to Winchester Model 1894/94