Cracked Stock

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:13 pm
Hi all I have a 1909 30WCF (what the internet tells me) model 1894 with a crack and a piece that had been glued on. I am wanting to know the proper way to restore the piese back and to stop the cracked piece (witch is loose) from breaking off. I want to be able to fire the gun and not have splinters fly off. If anyone could give me more info about the gun that would be appriciated as well . The last pic is of a number in front of the trigger. Could someone tell me what it is for, looks like a 93. Thanks, Dean.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:34 am
I believe you could properly glue that piece back in and it would hold no issues. The crack can be filled with glue and other than the crack will show but will hopefully prevent from farther spliting. I am for keeping original furniture myself.

I am not well versed enough to give you any insight on it either. Shouldn't be a hard fix though. In as far as numbers in front of trigger not something from Winchester originally in as far as I know. Something someone added I'd say.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to Winchester Model 1894/94