Saddle Ring Carbine in 38-55

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:35 pm
Hey folks

I've been looking around for a pre-64 model 70 in .270, and in my searching I stumbled across an older saddle ring carbine in 38-55. Serial number puts it about 1911, and its in really nice shape overall. Conservatively I'd put it at 75% or higher.

Now, I must admit, when it comes to lever guns I've always been a Marlin fan. My wife shoots a nice old 94 in .32 special, because she's a south-paw and it suits her better. But when I was doing some quick googling of these 38-55's, they seem pretty scarce in an SRC. The owner wants $750 for the gun, which at first seemed high, but as I've been researching, it now seems like a good price for the gun.

At $750, I'd likely be looking to just flip the gun to help fund my Model 70 search. I'm in Canada, otherwise I'd help anyone here out with getting it. The owner wont ship the gun, and has no pics, limiting the local market as we're in a fairly remote part of the province.

Thanks! Pat
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:14 am
Please read your Private Mail here...

Return to Winchester Model 1894/94