1. One owner gun, Estate.
2. First year production 1925 Manufacture
3. Serial # 1068
4. 24” Barrel
5. Caliber = 30GOVT06
6. Left Handed Stock with cheek swell
7. Checkered Leather Butt
8. Sling

Any help would be most appreciated. I have researched the web as possible. Values seem to be all over the place. With approximately 50,000 made and a serial number of approximately 1000, it is possible that this may be one of the earliest intact examples?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum irtmks !!

She's a beauty...

5. Caliber = 30GOVT06 <<== probably means 30-06 Springfield
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:55 am
Very nice Rifle, I think a professional appraisal would probably be needed to put a real world value on it. Any of the earlier ones I've seen seem to be selling for $900-$1250 in good to fair condition. Yours seems to look more like VG, and it also has the receiver sight on it. If it is still all original and has no extra holes drilled in the receiver etc. etc. you may have a pretty big $ gun there. Seeing the left handed stock makes me think that only an expert appraisal could tell you whether this is a custom piece or whether it was changed afterwards by an owner who wanted a lefty stock. Either way, a very nice gun

Return to Winchester Model 54