Removal of logo sticker on barrel of new rifle

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.
.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:41 pm
I would like to remove the logo sticker from the barrel of a new Model 73 that I just received. It sort of reminds me of Minnie Pearl's new hat.
What do you recommend for safe, effective removal of this sticker?
Regards,
arlen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps
.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:53 pm
Here is how I solved my barrel/magazine sticker removal. I held the barrel near the fireplace to warm the sticker. This warmth was not hot as I could place my hand at the location and not get burned. I then, with my fingernail, started to peel the sticker at the edge. Just a little at first. And then eventually gained a little bit of separation of the sticker from the barrel. Whenever I ran into a bit of resistance I re-heated it by holding it near the heat source again to soften up the adhesive. I had the sticker off in less than two minutes with no glue left on the magazine tube.
Regards,
arlen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:15 pm
I have used lighter fluid to remove stubborn sticky stuff from just about everything EXCEPT a firearm.

It's doubtful that it would be good for the bluing...so I didn't recommend it to you.

Glad your method worked...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 am
Hopes #9 if ya soak it till it is good and soaked will remove it safely as well for future reference.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting