MACHETE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:51 am
No, not this guy...

...but pictures of your favorite "weed wacker"...and some of the history behind it !! 8-)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:54 am
While not a true machete...my Khukuri is the closest thing I have to one, and it serves it's purpose well in camp.

The pronunciation "Kukri" is of western origin, the Nepalese people to whom this weapon belongs pronounce it as "Khukuri."

The blade's distinctive forward drop is intended to act as a weight on the end of the blade and make the kukri fall on the target faster and with more power. Popular legend states that a Gurkha "never sheathes his blade without first drawing blood" (this is said to be what the small, sharp notch on the blade near the handle is for: in case you wanted to draw your kukri for a non-militant purpose, and needed to draw blood before sheathing your knife. You could scrape your thumb on the notch, draw blood, and sheathe your knife without breaking tradition).
Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:06 pm
Wild looking blade, I would not want to be a victim of a swing from that. I can image that it would not be a little flesh wound.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:58 pm
Yea... the weight of the blade is at the front, increasing the power of the down stroke. It's exactly what you want... the blade does the work with little effort from the user.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:47 am
I too like the Khukri style machete and find the weight forward design gives my 16" Cold Steel Kukri Machete just about the same cutting power as a 24" latin machete.

Regards,
Guy Smith
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:20 pm
Nice!
"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep."

Return to Knives