Where is the Winchester SXP Made?

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:25 pm
Super X Pump -- Pump Action Shotgun (SXP)
http://www.winchesterguns.com/customers ... asp?id=287

The SXP is a significant evolution of the exceptional Model 1300 Speed Pump. The Speed Pump established many speed and performance records over the years. The SXP is equally fast and incorporates new levels of quality and excellent value. Today's SXPs are designed and production is overseen by our R&D team in Morgan, Utah. They are then manufactured in our partner factory in Istanbul, Turkey. (Which used to be called Constantinople . . . you already know this if you learned the old song that says, "Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople.") Istanbul is a key manufacturing and trade center for Europe. Some SXP parts are sourced from our other Winchester group factories in Western Europe. SXPs are available in field models and Defender versions, and they are all assembled in the same factory. In an interesting bit of history, large numbers of Winchester Model 1866s were sold to the Turkish government in 1870 and Oliver Winchester himself, visited Constantinople (Istanbul) shortly thereafter to secure more sales of other firearms and ammunition.

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:18 pm
Saw an Iver Johnson today stamped made in Turkey, would this be at the same factory?
The power of life and death are found in the tongue - Proverbs 18 -21

An armed society is a polite society - Thomas Jefferson

Molon Labe -Come and take them-
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm
I am not sure to be honest but it certainly could be. Let me look into that further.

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:46 am
CZ Arms is a Turkish company and make excellent rifles. I own one and it is a quality weapon. I know, it's a tough choice not buying American, which I try to all the time, but I made my choice on review information. The SPX Defender is a great gun choice and is well made. I don't know this for a fact , but I'll bet that Winchester has a few engineers on sight ensuring that the guns are made to factory specs. I would not hesitate one bit about buying a gun made in Turkey.
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

I'm a man.....I can change.....if I want to.....I guess....

Return to Winchester SXP